Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Back to square one

We’ll move on from yesterday because obviously I wasn’t serious. *whispers* But in case you are still in two minds about whether to offer your services, you are looking even better today than yesterday, as if that is even possible!

Anyway, what else is going on in my incredibly exciting life? The section meeting on Monday afternoon went ok, although didn’t really deal with the substance of our work or the fact that we have various meetings that we don’t have anyone going to at the moment because no-one has defined our remit yet. But you cannot have a section bonding session without the compulsory cringeworthy “getting to know each other” activity. We had to give three statements about ourselves one of which had to be a lie and then everyone else had to workout which was the lie. People were remarkably ingenious in the things they came up with and it certainly was an education about some of my colleagues.

So, we got to my colleague D and completely deadpan he reeled of his list of “good looking; rich; comedic”. We all instantly laughed so we felt able to infer that one of them was certainly true. However, we were then left in the position of deciding which of the remaining two was the lie. Despite D assuring us he was very rich in personality, we concluded that the most tactful response was to conclude that being rich was the lie. At least it gave us a laugh.

In other news, my father was admitted to hospital on Monday and I went to see him last night and he seemed ok, if a little bored. I don’t think he will be in hospital for too long, it’s just a matter of the antibiotics kicking in so that the infection in his leg subsides. He has cellulitis, which doesn’t sound entirely pleasant.

My friend is moving to Bristol so it looks like I will be buying somewhere on my own. It wasn’t a surprise, given that I had kind of assumed that was what would happen anyway, but it’s back to square one on buying somewhere to live. I also could have bought somewhere last year if I had realised that this was how things would turn out. Oh well, such is life. I’m not going to do anything for a couple of weeks though as I am away for a couple of days next week and then no holiday the week after. It gives me time to gather my thoughts and to take a few deep breaths.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll do it for a new car - tax, insurance and petrol paid for a year. And a new job. And a gym membership. And the kudos. ;o)

Random Reflections said...

Wow, you've really thought that through. We'll see whether she comes back from her "trip" and then I'll let you know.