Monday, May 01, 2006

Mayday! Mayday!

So, it’s May Day, the day to commemorate emergency calls for assistance. Oh no, hang on - or is it the day to have riots and smash up your local McDonalds? I always get the two confused.

Without meaning to sound really old, I can’t believe it’s May already. This year seems to be flying by. Not that I have done anything very constructive with my year – do you see why it was a wise decision to not make any New Year’s resolutions? I’d be almost half way through the year and have concluded that my life was not really huge amounts different to how it was in 2005. This way I can take comfort in routine and my lack of progress in buying somewhere to live etc.

Last night I exchanged a few texts with the friend that I might be buying a house with. It turns out she was in hospital for four days last week, as she had serious stomach pains. I would have gone to visit her had I known, but she said she didn’t really have the chance to tell anyone, as they rushed her to hospital. I think she’s ok now. It meant though that she missed her interview for the job in Bristol so that is now next week some time. That should mean that I know in the near future whether it is going to impact on us buying somewhere together.

I was looking at what is on the housing market at the moment and there isn’t much about. Although a house we saw back in January, and quite liked, seems to have come back on the market. I’m not sure that either of us liked it enough to want to put in an offer though. It was a nice house but there was something about where it was located that bothered us both. Anyway, I might have to get more decisive about what I’m doing soon.

By the way, just in case anyone is inspired to attack their local McDonalds as a result of what I have written and therefore I might get sued, please don’t do it. It’s bad.

No comments: