Saturday, May 06, 2006

Raving reviews

So, I survived last night, which was partly assisted by me finding some of the performances so funny that I was actually crying. For example, the seniors dancing on to the stage (seniors being about 15 or 16 years old) and concentrating so hard on what they were doing that they didn't notice the mattress which was a prop on the stage and one of them fell over it. Or the five year olds who were just in a little world of their own and would get transfixed by something mid-dance and someone would have to prompt them to keep moving vaguely in time to the music.

Anyway, my cousin was, of course, fantastic. Afterwards I told her that I had never seen such a realistic looking dancing skeleton, which was indeed true. But in case you doubt her talents, let me tell you that Kym Marsh from Hear'Say was there in the audience and when she wasn't texting on her mobile phone or chatting to the person next to her, she was obviously transfixed by the performance - and in particular that of my cousin (of course). My theory is that she was actually looking for choreography tips for her next song and let me tell you she will certainly have been inspired by last night. The fact that my thirteen year old cousin lost the will to live and I had to keep reassuring him that there really weren't that many more dances that they could think of that had a rather tenuous link to the somewhat dubious 'plot' is no indication of the quality of the performance.

No comments: