Friday, September 07, 2007

Anniversaries

There was something whirring around in my mind that was making me think that there was some significance to the date.

Yesterday was mine and G’s four month anniversary. How time flies. I had completely, forgotten, as ever, but I think G had as well until we were talking on the phone.

Yesterday was also a year since A sent me the e-mail telling me to go away. A year. How time flies indeed…

Anyway, G is staying for the weekend again and I think tonight we are going to a café for dinner, as a bit of indulgence and also because I think it is closing in the next couple of weeks so this will be one of the last opportunities to go there. At least it should keep me from Robert Dyas.

I was somewhat fascinated by this rather macabre story (excuse the link to The Sun, in my defence, I didn’t originally read it in that paper). Basically two sister’s visit their mother’s body every week – which is stored in a fridge at the undertakers and they even reapply her make up. In the Daily Mail version of the story, there are such lovely lines as:

“When she died in 1997, the body was preserved with formaldehyde but it has deteriorated to such an extent that it is largely skeletal with some skin remaining on the upper half and head.”

I think there is possibly something somewhat questionable about this and that although apparently it isn’t illegal to do this that maybe someone needs to suggest that they actually decide to bury their mother at last – or what’s left of her…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly - Ewwww!! Secondly.. It's not just me, is it? There are lots of death stories around at the minute!!

Ah congratulations on your 4 months! :D May there be many more happy months..

Unknown said...

Eeeewww...that's just gross!

Clarissa said...

DISGUSTING

DAB said...

Four months...Well done you.
.
Now about these affairs with John Lewis and Robert Dyas, they have got to stop! ;-) TFX

Random Reflections said...

Lemonpillows - Ewwww indeed! And yes there do seem to be a lot of stories of death about. Weird.

Kip - I hope it didn't put you off your dinner.

Clarissa - I'm glad it isn't just me who found it so disturbing. I am surprised it has taken so long for someone to try and stop them.

TF - Thanks! But can I let John Lewis and Robert Dyas go...