Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Progress, of sorts...

So another evening was spent trying to sort out my front door. I have basically done all the paint stripping now and will do a bit of sanding when I get home tonight and will then hopefully be able to put the primer on. Hopefully…

I have been trying to convince a friend that she should come over and paint the door for me. She is pretty good at DIY and have offered her bed and board and as much Diet Coke as she can drink (that is what she lives on) if she paints my door. She doesn’t seem to keen on the idea but maybe she’ll take pity on me.

I’m actually going to be home nice and early tonight if all goes to plan. We’ve got a work ‘away day’ today which looks like it might be quite good and enjoyable. It is meant to finish my 4pm so hopefully I can then head home and get more done on my door. My big fear in sorting out my door is that I will have gone to all this effort and it will still look terrible! Mind you, I think I would have had to strip it back anyway because I think if there were many more coats on it the door wouldn’t have been able to shut. If all else fails I’ll just have to pay someone to come and paint it.

Yesterday I got a phone call from someone who I don’t know but works for the same organisation as me and they asked if I could help them with an interview. I said I’d do it but while they were talking about it I did wonder if the interviews might end up being in the same building as where A works. Sure enough, when I checked where the interviews were they are in that building – which is not a big building. Chances are that we won’t bump into each other but it just made me feel quite down to think about having to go over there to conduct this interview. There’s nothing I can do about it though and it wouldn’t be very professional to back out. It’s over a week away so there’s no point worrying about it now anyway.

2 comments:

Irene said...

The story of A and the door run together in my head and I think they both heed a bit of sanding down and restoring. Don't let A dictate your life so much and treat the memory of him as thoroughly as you treat that door.

Random Reflections said...

sweet irene - wise words. However, I tend to be more likely to be like my front door was at the weekend - patchy in places and needing to go right back to the beginning and start over... If only life were that simple.