Friday, February 17, 2006

Compliments

The office I work in is a friendly place, I think a lot of it probably comes from the ‘blitz mentality’ we have formed by having to cope with our Head of Unit. We often end up chatting about various things and this week was no exception.

I am not a huge fan of EastEnders but my landlady likes it and so if I am in the room I will watch it. In the office we were talking about a couple of bits that had been going on (Gripes says it all about one of the story lines *shudder*) and mentioned about Pauline Fowler getting married. I said “If even Pauline Fowler can pull, then at least it gives me hope”.

One of the people in my team turned round and in a rather furious tone said “Don’t you dare compare yourself to Pauline Fowler, she’s really awful”. I was slightly taken aback by the vehemence of this comment but laughed and said that I thought in there was perhaps hidden a slight compliment to me. However, we decided that we were starting from such a low standard that it didn’t really prove very much at all. But there you have it folks, I am maybe marginally more appealing than Pauline Fowler. Now I just need to see if I can get the script to my own life to come up trumps.

No comments: