Thursday, February 16, 2006

Taking the long route home

I live about a 20 minute walk from the station, but there is also a bus route that goes from almost outside my front door to the station. In the morning I would pretty much always get the bus because I am not generally awake enough to want to even think about walking it.

But on the way home this week, even if the bus has been there I have been walking home. It’s not some health kick, there’s just something in my head that needs a bit of space and time, and getting home quickly on the bus just doesn’t appeal. It’s not that I don’t want to go home, I just need some time to myself and that walk home seems about the only time that can be guaranteed. No interruptions, no hearing other people’s conversations just time inside my own head, maybe often not really thinking about anything at all.

I do feel as though I have stuff on my mind though, stuff that needs a bit of time to form into proper thoughts. I’m not depressed (although I can do that big time), more pensive. I am kind of wondering where my thinking is going to take me. Time will tell I guess.

No comments: