Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Stay You

Time to come up with another song and I was trying to think of a more cheery song than the ones I have mentioned of late. It is actually far easier for me to come up with songs that have a sad tinge to them though and so while I will try and put in some that are a bit more upbeat, I can’t promise. Having said that I have thought of a song I like that for me is a bit more cheerful, but it is also a song that most people will never have heard of.

I really like the song ‘Stay You’ by Wood. It’s a song that is about being yourself and somebody thinking it’s really great that you are exactly who you are. I like that it’s a song that recognises that everything isn’t perfect, but it doesn’t matter because that is what makes the person who they are. It’s a song that says “just be yourself” and I really like that about it.

The song kind of exudes a confidence that I really like and the combination of the words and the music can lift my mood - and I can have a good sing-along to it too.

I love the way you speak
And I love the way you swear
I love the way you walk around with your head held in the air
I love the way your words move
And I love the way you drive
I love the way you're scared of people, scared to be alive

Stay - stay you that's the toughest thing to do
Stay - stay you that's the toughest thing to do

I love the way you dress up on a Saturday night
I love the way you never speak until it feels just right
I love the way you're spending all your money on yourself
I love the way you answer the phone and pretend you're somebody else

Stay - stay you that's the toughest thing to do

And now I don't want to talk about the things you overcame
By dragging up the past I'll put you through it all again
I've got the greatest admiration for the way that you got through it
Couldn't ask nobody else to do it better than you do it

Stay - stay you .......

2 comments:

What Would Dana Do said...

Is this you coming out as a Dawsons's Creek fan?

..if so, do you think that Joey made the right decision in the end.. I am just not so sure that Pacey was right for her.. not that I'm saying Dawson was but..

*drones on and on*

Random Reflections said...

Couldn't possibly comment *cough*.

But now you mention it... Pacey was definitely the better choice as Dawson ended up just being very annoying.

Those were the days...