Monday, February 06, 2006

Interviews

I am about ready to give up on IT altogether and go back to the simpler days of using a quill. Yesterday Blogger was doing strange things and today our computers are very ill at work. Someone accidentally loaded a patch on and it has meant that lots of people are unable to use most of the functions on our computers. Even the internet isn’t working very well. What was the point of coming into work today? Apparently today is the most common day in the whole year for someone to take a sicky. Maybe that is what has happened to our computers. I am not even entirely convinced this post will publish but we’ll find out.

Anyway, the house viewings went ok yesterday. The first house was quite nice and not dissimilar to the house we got gazumped on, apart from being two bedrooms instead of three. The only thing that I wasn’t entirely keen on was the location. There was just something that I couldn’t quite put my finger on that didn’t sit well with me. The second house was very nothingy. We looked round it and felt that there was nothing that really appealed to us about it. It was just very bland. We went for a drink afterwards and chatted about it and we will put the first house on a backburner and see if it grows on us and go back for a second viewing if it does.

The weekend seemed to go by so quickly and I can’t believe it is now the start of another week of work. For once I am meant to be in the office all five days, which is never a good week. Particularly if my Head of Unit is about, and I believe she is this week. However, I have the added fun of interviewing this week. There is one interview today, some more tomorrow and one on Friday. I am interviewing with my boss and I suspect we have very different interviewing techniques and we haven’t even discussed what questions we are going to ask yet. We’ll see if I manage to reduce any of them to tears – or them me.

Oh, and that song is still going round my head...

3 comments:

30-Something said...

Ask them their favourite out of a tin of Roses. And remember never to trust anyone who picks the caramel barrel.

Random Reflections said...

I shall add that to my list of devilishly difficult questions as a kind of tie breaker.

Of course the perfect answer would be "I don't actually eat chocolate but regularly bring it in for my colleagues so they can gorge themselves on it".

Still waiting for the perfect answer...

30-Something said...

Actually, the perfect answer is "Although, much like the rest of the nation, I despise coffee cremes, I endeavour to eat them all. Not only from this tin of Rose I present you with as a small token of my appreciation of your time today but from all tins of Roses across the world. I'm like that though, me. Dead thoughtful." No?