Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Telling Secrets

I like the blog PostSecret. If you don’t know what it is then basically people send in postcards and reveal some secret about their life, confess something, say something naughty they did once and so on. Then over the course of the following week people e-mail in comments about them and some of the comments are posted on the site as well. Last week very much had a Valentine’s theme and lots of people seemed to send in postcards that were of the human organ rather than the more artistic impression that normally appears on the front of cards declaring undying love. I am very squeamish so that wasn’t ideal for me!

Maybe I am just really nosy and so it appeals from that point of view. But, I like that people send things in and are sometimes really creative or choose great pictures. I really liked this postcard this week. I liked the picture and the caption that went with it “My wildest dream is to find happiness in my every day life”.

Given my very unexciting life, if I ever sent something in it would probably be along the lines of “I had an extra chocolate digestive with my cup of tea today” (if that postcard ever does appear there, I’m going to be your prime suspect now…) but you never know, they might get a whole flurry of e-mails in response saying “I was so relieved to see that postcard. I too had an extra biscuit today. I’m so glad that I’m not the only one.” I like to feel that I am in touch with where people are at...

No comments: