Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Happy Days

For some unknown reason I was in a remarkably good mood yesterday. When I was walking into work yesterday I stopped and offered directions to someone who looked decidedly lost. That’s right, a Londoner being friendly and offering directions and not just begrudgingly giving them when asked! One of my colleagues even commented on how happy I looked. I have no idea where that really good mood came from but it was nice to feel quite jolly, particularly as it was a bit of a miserable day weather-wise. Perhaps it was a sugar rush from thinking about Cadbury’s Creme Eggs. Today I have returned to a tired and subdued state more suited to the time of year.

We interviewed three more people yesterday and that went ok. One of them was very good and so I imagine we will offer her one of the jobs. One of the other candidates didn’t really do herself justice but really desperately wanted the job. I feel rather mean that we are just not going to be able to offer it to her and would like to give her extra marks for just being incredibly enthusiastic. We would have beaten that out of her very quickly though. I am glad that I can just write to her to break the bad news.

The good news though is that someone said to me that apparently our Head of Unit has indicated she plans to leave. It seems she has decided that it is time to move on, as her time is done here. I e-mailed my friend K to tell her and she e-mailed me back and said “when are you going to accept that the universe always has a way of putting these things right”, which made me smile. Let's hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel...

No comments: