Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sometimes ignorance is bliss

I am now the proud owner of a flat screen TV. Marvellous – and means that when I am freezing in the living room, I can actually go to my bedroom to warm up and watch a bit if TV.

I met up with my friend, L, for dinner last night. I realised I hadn’t seen her for a few months which is surprising as we normally meet up every few weeks. L was my first boss when I started work and we stayed in touch for a bit after we stopped working together, lost contact for a couple of years and then got in touch again about two years ago.

Last night we were chatting through some stuff that has been going round my head of late, trying to work out what it means. We even talked about blogging but fortunately she didn’t ask for the details. I am not sure how I would feel about someone I knew reading it.

Anyway, we talked through various bits of what’s been going on in my head which helped to bring some clarity and made me realise that it has been a bit of a weight on my shoulders. I am not angst ridden about it all, I just know that I have to work some stuff out because I don’t deal well with being in some sort of limbo. The problem is that in knowing chances are that I would never be able to do anything about it all. That I would think it all through so that I am no longer in this dilemma, but instead would be in a place where I will never get what I really want. Surely we are meant to work things out to find a bit of peace and yet by doing so I run a real risk of not finding that at all.

So I shall plod on through it all in my usual way and see where my brain ends up. They say that knowledge is power but in my case I think I would be better off deciding ignorance is bliss.

No comments: