Wednesday, February 08, 2006

It's the thought that counts

Someone in my team sent round a birthday card for us all to sign, as a reminder in her calendar had told her it was H’s birthday. So we all signed the card and someone got her a box of chocolates. When H opened the card this morning she was somewhat surprised, as her birthday is actually in May. It seems that the reminder was in fact about someone totally different. She appreciated the thought anyway and I guess it’s better to be early than late. We got to eat the chocolates so it was a bit of a result really.

I had to give a talk this morning, only I was reliant on someone else’s slides that I didn’t even have a copy of, so there was a certain amount of ‘winging it’ involved. I ended up talking the hind legs off a donkey and more than filled my time slot. I have no idea what I was talking about for all that time, but I have to back shortly to give the same talk again and I’ll see if the donkey manages to lose its other two legs.

No comments: