Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Food glorious food

So I made it to Birmingham, gave a talk this morning, stayed on long enough to eat some free food and then headed home.

The last few days seem to have involved much consumption of food. On Monday I had lunch in a cafe. I had some gammon which was about the size of half a pig, accompanied by a fried egg, pineapple, chips, peas, mushrooms and tomatoes. I had forgotten quite how generous they were there. While I was eating that a friend called and invited me over for dinner that night and so I had another nice meal.

Yesterday I ate my lunch at work, then I got fed on the train (I can travel first class with work, so I have to get value for money), then had a three course meal in the evening. Today I had a cooked breakfast, then a reasonable sized lunch and then ate on the train again. It’s the free food - I just can’t turn it down.

Throughout my schooldays and when I was at university I was very overweight and it was only about 6 or 7 years ago that I turned into the fine figure of a woman that I am today (ok there might be a slight exaggeration somewhere in that sentence). The weird thing about getting slimmer was that it took no effort whatsoever. One day someone commented to me that I was looking slimmer and I realised that this was in fact correct. I had slightly changed what I was eating, for some reason I now can’t remember, and instantly began to lose weight. I never consciously went on a diet but because of the progress that I had made I began to eat more healthily but always insisted on eating really nice food. I know lots of people struggle to lose weight but somehow it just came very easily to me.

However, if the current trend continues I will be returning to my previous form. I do now have a far longer walk to the station, which is a good thing based on current evidence. I read somewhere once that our bodies remember the biggest they once were and are constantly trying to return to that. I think I may be trying to assist other people in their efforts by eating their share as well.

2 comments:

What Would Dana Do said...

"I know lots of people struggle to lose weight but somehow it just came very easily to me"

Bitch.

;)

Random Reflections said...

Charming!

It's ok I probably have a tape worm or some degenerative wasting disease - and then who's going to regret sounding so smug?!