Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Better

I’m feeling considerably better, so unfortunately I am back at work now. I spent yesterday sort of working from home which basically meant monitoring my work e-mails so that I appeared not to be watching repeats of lots of programmes that were originally shown in the 1980s.

One of the things that I learnt from the whole throwing up episode is that if there is any chance you might be sick then don’t eat cheese because it makes it that much more unpleasant because it kind of ferments in your stomach. Too much information?

Well, not quite changing the subject this may not be an entirely welcome thing either if you’re feeling a bit unwell. That’s right it’s “Stick on the Stilton” – cheese that has been turned into a perfume. Apparently it smells nothing like cheese, some people think it smells like flowers, others like herbs or a whole range of other things. I guess it would be a conversation piece at least. But why would you?

I’m trying to arrange to view some properties on Saturday but it seems to be quite hard work to sort out the logistics because none of the places are with the same estate agents. I phoned to book a morning viewing with one and an afternoon viewing with another and then planned to fill in the time gaps with other viewings once those were sorted. The one I had asked to be in the afternoon has been arranged for 11am, which last time I checked was not actually the afternoon. Anyway, by the weekend hopefully I’ll have lined up about half a dozen viewings, although I suspect a lot of people aren’t going to want their football viewing to be disturbed. Do they want to sell their properties or not? Hang on, what's the quote "Football is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that." I have much to learn.

2 comments:

Cadence said...

I know I'm being pedantic, but this is the real quote;
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that

Good luck house hunting, it's a bugger. I'm not looking forward to having to do it soon myself. Any tips will be gratefully received.

Random Reflections said...

I stand corrected. I shall have to try and broaden my very limited football knowledge.

The best tip I can give on househunting at the moment is to get someone else to do it for you, but I'll see if I can come up with something more constructive than that!