Sunday, June 25, 2006

Hair raising

I had a very nice day yesterday, it was reasonably busy and I even got to take a dog for a walk. I really need to hang on to the lead better. Fortunately the dog was kind of scared of his own lead when it came hurtling after him so he didn’t escape too far.

Anyway, I survived having my hair cut yesterday and don’t have to wear a balaclava. The thing is that I specifically said to the hairdresser that I only wanted my hair to be washed and cut but not be blow dried. I’d said this when I booked the appointment and she confirmed that was what I wanted when she started to cut my hair. When she’d finished cutting she said “Do you want me to just roughly dry it a bit, so it’s not quite so wet?” and I said that would be ok. However, she then seemed to fall into the same mindset that all other hairdressers do when they are drying my hair. They start by saying “isn’t your hair lovely and thick?” followed by “isn’t it nice and wavy” both of which are true but it then means that if they are blow drying my hair they decide either to make my hair very curly or they really straighten it. The hairdresser yesterday decided to make my hair straight and I just sat there thinking that I don’t now why I bothered to say anything at all. It’s not that it looked really awful, I just didn’t want it done like that. Hopefully I’ll be able to go to my usual hairdresser next time.

My landlady was her usual self yesterday when it came to preparing for a viewing of the house. She was going round at high speed tidying every aspect of the house. To the degree of removing the rug from my bedroom again and this time putting a different duvet cover on my bed because my single colour duvet cover was obviously not up to the job and instead a duvet cover with flowers all over it replaced it. Much more tasteful. She also wants me to change bedrooms, to one that is slightly bigger, which is nice enough of her but is motivated by her wanting me to put my stuff away in the cupboards in that room so that if other people come round and view the house the place looks a bit tidier. She has an ‘open house’ coming up in a couple of weeks (which is basically a time for people to come round and view en masse, which I am not very impressed about) so I would have to tidy my stuff up really well for that anyway. I think she wants me to move rooms this weekend but the problem is that there is a serious lack of plug sockets and her son was meant to be wiring some in for me yesterday but he hasn’t done it, so it isn’t going to be happening if I can’t plug anything in. Maybe by the end of today it will have been fixed and it will be more viable to change rooms, not that I particularly want to go through the hassle.

I still haven’t made up my mind what to do about putting in an offer on the place I am thinking about buying. There are points where I think I’ll just go for it but then I wonder if I am convinced enough about it. I reckon I could quite enjoy living there, and maybe that is as much as I can expect. We’ll see what I think by tomorrow as the estate agent isn’t open today anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes with house buying you are forced to compromise. It seems like the place has a lot going for it, in terms of location and outside space. Just go with your gut feeling. Good luck ...TF