Sunday, June 11, 2006

Progress

So yesterday didn’t go quite as planned but was good anyway. My dad was ill – I’m not going to be too specific about in what way, but let me tell you it wasn’t pleasant. That meant that it wasn’t a good idea for my nephew to go over to my parents’ house, so I was going to look after him instead. Then the plan got really complicated and in the end mum came to the property viewings with me and I went over to my sister’s house in the afternoon as she was feeling in need of a bit of support in looking after my nephew because she was really tired. My nephew and I messed about in the garden for a bit and I just generally entertained him for the afternoon. Without meaning to go down the “my nephew is soooooooooooo cute” route too much (but he is), I was standing in the kitchen eating a slice of toast and he wandered in and reached up to me so that I’d pick him up. As much as I’d like to think that it’s because he thinks I am so great, he was intently eyeing my piece of toast and basically every time I took a bite of toast he then took a bite as well and he ended up eating far more of it than I did. It was very funny – but you’d probably have to be there appreciate the humour.

Anyway, the properties I went to see were interesting. I quite liked one of them but thought it was over-priced. It would need a new kitchen, carpets as there were just bare floorboards, and a stair lift removed. Those things wouldn’t be too bad if I didn’t think it was quite expensive in the first place. The second place was nice enough but I didn’t like its location at all. I would have been ok once I got the front door closed but would have felt uneasy until that point. I might speak to the estate agent about the first place to see if there is any negotiation on the price to get it down to something rather more reasonable, because it was a place that had definite potential, but we’ll see.

While I was at my sister’s I had a browse on the internet to look for other properties and saw a few that might be of interest and have requested the details. Despite the places I saw not necessarily being what I want, I actually felt kind of inspired and as though I might actually be brave enough to buy somewhere on my own. It put me in quite a good mood, as though I might have the courage to go through all the hassles that go with buying somewhere because at the end of it I will finally have a home, which would be quite an amazing thing.

No comments: