Saturday, June 24, 2006

Decisions, decisions

So I went to see the place I’m thinking of buying again last night and now I’m in a dilemma. I do think it is a really nice place but the kitchen is very small. Very small. So very, very small. Can you see that I have an issue to resolve about how very, very, very small the kitchen is? 7’ by 7’2” is not actually really small for a kitchen but it somehow just is. I’m almost tempted to put a link to the place and then you could see a photo of the kitchen, but despite rumours to the contrary, I am not actually that daft nor therefore all that tempted. In fact the kitchen doesn’t look quite so small in the photo. I think a lot of the problem is that the fridge is in kind of a prominent position and makes it seem smaller. So I’m thinking – is it a matter of setting a limit of what I would be willing to pay for it or do I think it is enough of a problem to put me off putting in an offer at all. I’m thinking. You’ve probably picked that up already though, haven’t you?

I’m having my hair cut this morning. I usually have my hair cut by the same person and have done for about twenty years, with just a few exceptions when he wasn’t available. He’s also a trained social worker and counsellor and just cuts people’s hair on a Saturday so it’s pretty good value for money to get your hair cut by him because he can sort out your social and psychological problems at the same time. Anyway, today I am having my hair cut by someone else as it has been really difficult to find a suitable time to get my hair cut as normal. So I’m going to have to think of how to describe what I want done because I’m usually able to say “the same as usual” – not that I have had the same hair cut for the last twenty years. I’m hoping that I’m able to communicate what I want and don’t end up with some really awful haircut and then have to wear a balaclava until it grows out. I’ve got kitchens to be thinking about, I can’t be worrying about whether I need to be broadening my somewhat limited knitwear range. Why do so many big issues happen at the same time?

No comments: