Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Unwell

It’s rare that I’m ill, but yesterday was certainly one of those days. I was feeling a bit odd most of the morning and took over an hour to eat my sandwiches at lunchtime. I then just sat at my desk with my head in my hands wondering what to do, thinking I’d really like to go home but not wanting to go out in the heat or travel on the tube, but then I suddenly felt really sick at which point D, who I sit next to ordered me to go to the loos and I made it there just in time… Very unpleasant. Then I decided I really should go home so I went home and went to bed. Then when I felt better I got up and dressed and then threw up again and was even more ill than I had been before.

I have no idea what the cause is but I am working from home today as my landlady reckons that even if I feel better I am likely to still be infectious for about 24 hours. The thought of travelling on the tube today is also not appealing. I should be fine by tomorrow though. My landlady was really nice and brought be breakfast in bed. I ate a bit of bread but really don’t feel hungry at all which is totally unheard of. I have worked at my current place for over five years and this is the first time that I have ever had to take time off for being ill (not that today should count as sick leave), so it’s a time of firsts. Anyway, hopefully I’ll regain my appetite and be back on full form by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Random Reflections said...

Thanks. I feel much better today, which is a relief.