Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Working for a living

I could get used to time off work, even though I didn’t do anything very constructive beyond going to the supermarket and sorting out my stuff from being on holiday. Sadly it’s back to work today but at least it is only a four day week. However, the first thing my landlady told me this morning was about the large amount of cat poo she had to clear up when she came downstairs. This wasn’t an entirely pleasant experience while I was eating my breakfast, but I’m hoping that doesn’t set the tone for the rest of the week. Although having just got into work and found that a whole load of money has been deducted from my salary by mistake, it isn’t looking good.

I was planning on going to my parent’s house yesterday afternoon because my sister and nephew were due to be there as it was my father’s birthday, but my sister was feeling tired and dad had to go to the doctor’s anyway, so I ended up not going over there.

I seem to have a few things rattling round my head at the moment and so I’ll probably write something about them here at some point. It’s amazing what difference a bit of sunshine makes though. One of the things I find really frustrating about where I live is that it is so dark indoors. You have to have the lights on no matter what time of day it is, so it makes me feel as though a little cloud is descending when I think about going home – because I am literally going from being in the sunshine to semi-darkness. When I start looking at places to buy I really need to try and find somewhere that is light and airy because it really affects my mood. One of the great things about Scotland is that it was light until really late and I could look out the window at the mountains as late as 11pm and still be able to clearly see them. I went for a walk about 8.30 last night to soak in the last bit of daylight and also to try and inspire myself on the house buying front and it did actually kind of work and made me feel more positive about the prospect of trying to buy somewhere.

Anyway, I’d better get on and start to plough through all the work e-mails waiting for me. There are less than 100 e-mails to get through so that is better than expected. They won’t take very long to delete then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling positive. I know what you mean about the darkness at home though. Seems such a shame to go from glorious sunshine to a dark house, it makes you not want to go home sometimes.

Were *any* of those emails NOT useless twaddle?

Random Reflections said...

Yep, the darkness really bothers me and makes me walk home from work more slowly to soak in as much sunshine as possible.

I don't think I had to deal with any of the e-mails really, the most I did with pretty much any of them was pass them on to someone else to ask them to deal with it. I have excellent delegation skills!