Thursday, June 22, 2006

Home

Alive and back in one piece. I didn’t really get to see much of Hampshire (or Portsmouth to be more precise). My talk went well though and they were a good audience who just seemed to want to engage with what people were saying.

Back to work tomorrow, but I think my mind will keep wandering off to the fact that I am going back to look at the place I am thinking of buying. I think I feel a bit nervous and kind of wish I had got to view it again before Friday night because Saturday is often a major viewing day for properties and it would have been handy to get an offer in before the next round of visits. Anyway, my mum is going with me, not that either of us know anything about property particularly, so I’m not sure how much she will be able to suggest in terms of making better use of the space in a kitchen, but she wanted to see it so she’s coming with me. If I put in an offer, I also need to think about what offer to put in because you have to go through the whole “what’s a reasonable offer but not looking too keen? If the first offer isn’t going to be accepted (which it usually isn’t) then what am I willing to go up to?” and so on. Wow, this house buying thing is complicated.

No comments: