Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Offers

I bit the bullet and put an offer in on the place I’m thinking of buying. I actually didn’t put it in until reasonably late in the day, as I had a couple of questions that I wanted the answer to first. Anyway, the owner rejected the offer, which I wasn’t surprised about. I chatted to the estate agent and he said that she reckoned that she would get just about the asking price, so he thought that it would be advisable to go back with my best offer and he would see if she would accept that. I’m not decided on what to do next, but might put in another offer later, but I really don’t want to pay the asking price because I think the size of the kitchen doesn’t make it with that amount and I am not so sure that the owner’s confidence is not a touch misplaced, not that I am an expert on these things.

My mum went to Cadbury World last week and came back with various freebies including a Cadbury Double Decker, which is my favourite chocolate bar and she also bought 40 packets of Murray Mints for £2.50. Bargain. However, Cadbury has had to recall something like a million chocolate bars as there is a risk that they have salmonella in them. The thing is that it must be a pretty old batch of chocolate as some of it was used to make Easter eggs. If you’re normal i.e. not me, then you’re Easter eggs will be long gone and I don’t think there has been an outbreak of salmonella in the country, so I think the risk is likely to be minimal. Obviously it could be serious for some people if they came into contact with it, but the thought of all that lovely chocolate being melted down and disposed of just seems criminal. I think if Cadbury were wanting a quality tester, I would be willing to give it a go at seeing if there were any side effects of eating it, but given my history of being a slow chocolate eater, I reckon it would take me quite a while to eat that much chocolate.

I’m off up to the Midlands later so won’t be in the office tomorrow. I might blog when I get back tomorrow night but I don’t actually know when I’ll be back yet. Someone new joined my team a few weeks ago and he’ll be there, which I feel a bit self-conscious about. It’s funny that I can stand up in front of loads of people that I don’t know and that’s fine but if there is someone that I know I feel kind of intimidated by that. I’m going through a phase at the moment where I’m speaking without notes and just rely on a few sentences on some PowerPoint slides as a prompt because I think it makes the talk better and more engaging. So, hopefully I’ll manage to get through the talk without losing the plot.

There’s a dinner tonight but I am hoping that at some point while I am away I’ll find time to engage my brain and get some thoughts together on some things I want to blog about that have been rattling round in my brain. We’ll see. Anyway, have a good couple of days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Cadburys would let us job share...

Random Reflections said...

Good idea. You could eat the bit of the chocolate with all the calories in it and I could have the tasty part of it- or is that not how a job share works?

Anonymous said...

In your dreams .....