Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Easter comes but once a year

As promised, it’s time to update you on the Easter Egg eating situation. I did finally eat a bit of an Easter Egg last night. It was a Cadbury’s Fruit and Nut Egg and there was even fruit and nut in the shell. So there you go, I threw caution to the wind and finally unwrapped one of my Easter Eggs. There is still a lot of it left and there are also two whole Easter Eggs still to eat. Obviously I can’t rush such a momentous thing, so maybe by the time winter draws in I’ll finally have eaten them all. But no promises.

I am actually meant to be on a bit of a health drive at the moment. A health drive is probably too grand a phrase for it. I am just trying to be disciplined and not eat any of the biscuits that are in the office. We seem to have a constant supply of biscuits, as people bring them back from meetings and if it’s not that, people are bringing in cakes or biscuits. So I am trying to avoid eating them. However, I seem to have an ample supply of various unequally unhealthy things at home so it isn’t that easy to be disciplined. I also did things like eat some very nice New York baked cheesecake the other day, so there have been a number of lapses. Oh well, one can but try.

I am off to Hampshire later because I am speaking at a meeting tomorrow. There is some kind of dinner tonight (which will probably mean more unhealthy food!) so I am leaving mid-afternoon. However, I am not sure if I am coming back Thursday or Friday. The organisers seem to want me to give another talk on Friday but as they haven’t given me the remit of what they want me to talk about and on Friday they have someone else who I reckon could give a suitable talk there anyway, I am trying to get out of being there on Friday as I think it will be a complete waste of my time. Whilst it is nice to be out of the office, I’m not really into sitting at conferences for the sake of it. I’ve spoken to someone several times to ask them to let me know what is happening but they seem to think that this morning they will know what is happening and will let me know. Most kind. Anyway, I might be back tomorrow night and blog then or it will be Friday at some point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate Easter eggs lying around the house uneaten .... are you real? Making me hungry thinking about it. Time for me to hit the biscuit tin. I've been to the Gym so reckon I've burnt off enough calories to stuff at least half a packet down my gut.....

Chocolate heaven...

Random Reflections said...

I really haven't eaten my Easter Eggs and I don't go to the gym so maybe should continue to put off eating them all. Mind you if joining a gym meant I could eat them without any guilt, maybe I should consider it.