Monday, June 26, 2006

It's the start of Wimbledon, so it must be raining.

On the tube on the way into work this morning the driver said “London Underground is state of the art. It is also state of the Ark and therefore does not have air conditioning. Remember to carry a bottle of water and to get off the tube at the next station if you feel ill” I bet it took ages for him to think up that one.

I ended up spending most of yesterday afternoon changing bedrooms. My landlady’s son sorted out the power supply in the room so that I could plug things in and then basically there was no reason for me not to get on with moving my things. So, whilst not the same as moving house, it’s another move to add to the list. Still, it keeps my landlady quiet. Apart from her wanting to sell the house, she has also got some exchange students coming to stay during the summer and me moving rooms is part of some grand plan to do with who ends up with which bedroom. They are due next weekend, so it was best to just get on with moving my stuff. Puts me in good practice for if I actually move properly again. The only problems so far are that I did almost go into the wrong bedroom yesterday evening but remembered just in time that it wasn’t my room any more (her son is staying at the moment so it is now his) and I can’t get a very good signal on my TV. In case you are wondering, I do still sleep with my feet in a wardrobe, it's just a different wardrobe.

I’m still rather indecisive on the housing front but I think I am going to put in an offer today anyway. It will be reasonably low, so I would be very surprised if it gets accepted, but I’ll see how it goes and as long as I keep the upper limit in mind that I am willing to go to, I will hope that somehow this will turn into a plan and I might end up having an offer accepted. Of course, someone else may have put in an offer by now, in which case this will all be academic.

No comments: