Thursday, April 26, 2007

Priceless

I went to the Renoir exhibition at the National gallery last night, having navigated my way round the mass of somewhat drunk Liverpool fans in Trafalgar Square. I really enjoyed the exhibition despite having no expertise about art at all and usually I would just wander round and look at the paintings thinking “there’s a field”, “there’s a lake”, “there’s some people”. We actually hired the audio commentaries and that helped quite a lot. If you go to the exhibition on a Wednesday night you can get in for half price. Bargain.

Then we wandered into Chinatown and had a very good time chatting and eating nice food and this time we had very drunk fellow diners who gave the entire restaurant a rendition if many 1970s hits from Abba to Elton John to Queen – and many more that were entirely unrecognisable. Entertaining.

Anyway, it was a lovely evening spent in pleasant, intelligent and witty company. *smiles* Priceless.

7 comments:

DAB said...

Was this a date???!!! raises eyebrow ;-)

Random Reflections said...

TF - I think we all know that I am going to die old and alone and will be found months after I've died because my neighbours complain to the council about the smell of my rotting corpse. *raises eybrow* That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

DAB said...

I'll take that as a YES then :-)

Random Reflections said...

Not a date really, more of a "getting to know you". I'm a slow worker and very out of practice...

DAB said...

Slow is good and practice makes perfect....Enjoy!

Random Reflections said...

I think I would describe what I am doing at the moment as "broadening my horizons". Interesting times and not entirely bad for the ego as it turns out.

DAB said...

Sounds good, have a great weekend
(resist the urge to hug strangers)