Sunday, April 15, 2007

Size does matter



Well, yesterday was a day of revelations. Well one revelation in particular really. When I woke up yesterday morning I though that it was time to have my first ever bra fitting. Until yesterday I had just guessed what my bra size was and for some reason decided that it was time to check. So I wandered off to M&S on Oxford Street and asked to be measured.

You have to be willing to take your top off in front of a total stranger but apart from that it isn’t anything too traumatic.* Not that I found that traumatic, it seems that I don’t have an issue with taking my top off in such circumstances… I just whipped my top off and resisted the urge to say “but we’ve only just met!”

The basic process is you get measured, the woman then goes and gets lots of bras for you to try on and then through that process you identify exactly the right fit. Anyway, as it turned out, my guesstimating over the years was totally wrong and I have been rather under estimating my assets. So I am now the owner of some nice new bras.

I would highly, highly recommend that you have a bra fitting (if you’re female) and I think you are meant to be rechecked every couple of years. It is so worth it.

Unconnected to the above, of late I have been in a very good mood. Some of it is probably the nice weather, but also I just feel more sorted about various things that have been rattling around in my head for a long time. I’m sure that I will tie myself up in mental knots again but I am rather enjoying feeling more content with things and just generally feeling quite happy. *contented sigh*



*You keep your bra on, I might add. You don’t have to bare all.

2 comments:

Eddy said...

Good to feel settled , eh?

You never revealed how much out you were in your estimations? ;-)

Random Reflections said...

James - yep, it's good.

A girl never reveals such details, it is always best to have an air of mystery - but I did phone my mother in shock!