Thursday, April 05, 2007

Criteria



At last I am off for Easter. Last night I went out for dinner with K who is someone I used to work with. We went via the pub as she and a chap she now works with wanted to watch the cricket for a bit. Cricket is not really my thing but we sat there and had a chat with the cricket in the background. Or maybe my friend was focussed on the cricket and talking to me was the background…

Anyway then the two of us headed off for dinner at a restaurant rather nearer to where we both live rather than where we work. On the way to the station she asked me how I was doing and I said that of late I had been feeling a bit down. She then asked me a question that absolutely hit the nail on the head and is something that has been rumbling round in my mind for ages. We talked about it for a while and she kept asking me “so what are you going to do about this?” and I just kept saying that if I knew the answer to that then I’d do it! She’s always good to chat to though and it made me feel better about things even though I am no further forward.

We then met up with her girlfriend and had dinner which was at a very nice burger restaurant. Don’t be thinking McDonalds here, my brighter had pineapple and beetroot and a fried egg and all sorts of other things on it. With all that fruit and veg surely it must have been really healthy? I ended up getting home really late but as I knew I could sleep in late this morning I made the most of having a really nice evening out.

I was talking to my boss yesterday afternoon. He is such a nice guy. We actually spent a while talking about books, which is much better than talking about work, but earlier on in the day I was very amused to overhear him saying to someone when they were discussing inviting someone to a meeting “well, we’d rather have them inside the tent urinating out”. Fair point and this will now be my new criteria in inviting people to meetings.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. With all that fruit and veg it HAS to be healthy.. That's your 5 a day in one meal!

Can you tell I'm on a healthy eating binge??? I'm dreaming about burgers now...

Dammmit!

Random Reflections said...

Lemonpillows - That's what I like to tell myself. I am now trying to look for an excuse for eating the bit of cake I just had with my cup of tea.

It was a very nice bit of Aberdeen Angus beef as well. Lovely.

Apologies if I have led you astray.

DAB said...

Lay of those chocolate eggs. I have just eaten three Cadbury's cream eggs, feeling rather sick now. Have a good Easter break TF

(S)wine said...

that's a fine momofukin' burger.

Random Reflections said...

TF - The Easter eggs are yet to come - probably consumed some time in late 2007...

I hope you feel better after your over-indulgence. You have a good Easter break too.

LX - the picture is nothing in comparison to what was on my plate last night. It had to be cut in half to even pick it up and then eaten with great care to stop the huge amount of filling falling out. It was lovely though.

Eddy said...

Mmmmmm - Aussie burger.

Sorry, just had a Homer (Simpson) moment then.

het (aka quickfit) said...

I like your bosses way of desciribing invites to meetings, I just hope I never meet him if I go camping it could get a bit soggy outside his tent flaps...lol

ciao4now

Random Reflections said...

James - I actually had a kiwiburger last night. It was very good. Go and crack open a beer and enjoy your Homer moment.

Het - Thanks for commenting. I'm not a huge fan of camping but will now be particuarly wary of it if my boss suggests it as a team bonding opportunity.