Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Quality




My friend C came over last night so that she could meet my sofa. I hung about in the background providing tea and cake whilst they got acquainted. It seems that the sofa has received the seal of approval, which was of course pleasing. It’s always difficult introducing your friends to something significant in your life.

I spent most of yesterday in a meeting. It finished much earlier than expected, which was a shame because I had planned to go straight home after it. But as I would have been home by about 2.30pm I felt this was pushing things a bit too far, so I went back to work instead. I asked someone else who was at the meeting how he was getting back to work (he works just round the corner from me). He said that he had his motorbike with him and if he’d got a spare helmet with him he’d have given me a lift. Now that would certainly have got rid of the cobwebs. Another time maybe.

A survey was published yesterday that rates the quality of living (as opposed to the quality of life) across the world was published yesterday. My two favourite places in the world – Vancouver and Auckland – came third and fifth respectively. What excellent taste I have. It prompted me to send a text to a friend last night saying that I want to go to Canada and I think she should come with me. I have something like 100,000 air miles so I reckon we could get a pretty good deal to go there. The only UK city to feature was London and it came 39th in terms of quality of living. Glasgow ranked 48th in the health and sanitation rankings (but didn’t rank in the quality of living list) – and London didn’t feature at all in that one. Make of that what you will. The survey was carried out by Mercer Research who appear to wish to be contacted via their Geneva office. Zurich was the top ranking city closely followed by Geneva. It seems these people may be wiser than we think.

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

nice.
i love both those cities, also.

The Mad Hatter said...

;-) You made me smile at the thought of your mate *coming to meet* your new sofa chick ... I love the way you put it!

Kisses XxXxXxX

Random Reflections said...

lx - thanks for your comment. They are both fantastic places and I need to return to them both at some point...

Maddy - My sofa is truly a significant part of life - and means I don't have to sit on the floor which has to be a good thing. My friend could see why I am quite attached to it. Hope all is well with you.