Monday, April 09, 2007

Rambling


My calm seems to have returned, so I don’t think there will be any ranting today. I don’t know why that so irritated me yesterday, but it was better that I blogged to let out my irritation than kick a small dog or something (not that I would ever actually kick a small dog - which is why it is good that I have a blog…).

I am loving the weather at the moment and I think I’ll go out later and maybe sit in a park and read a book – after doing such exciting things as going to the supermarket. I am also very pleased not to be at work and am not too thrilled to be going back tomorrow. It should be a fairly peaceful week at work though. I am hoping that peaceful does not mean boring though. It’s always weird being in work when there are quite a few people off.

I was thinking that I would text my friend L today and she what she is up to and maybe meet up. She is my friend who lives in youth hostels, but then I remembered that she hasn’t got a mobile phone at the moment, so is basically uncontactable. This is probably not ideal as she is still not in a good way at the moment. I might see if I can dig out an e-mail address for her at some point.

I am trying to be a bit more decisive with some things in my life at the moment and maybe do a few things that might up my chance of finding someone to go out with. I’m just trying to take a bit more control of things – I am slightly wary of talking about “taking control” because it reminds me of my friend telling me last year that I was being “controlling”. Sometimes I have to remind myself that one person saying that to me doesn’t actually make it true and also taking control of your own life is actually a good thing. It’s funny how the negative things that people say often have more of an impact than the positive. Actually when I was out with my friend K on Wednesday night she did tell me that I am very funny and good company and an interesting person to talk to and so on. I don’t say this for any other reason than to remind myself that people do think good things about me and sometimes I forget that – having a bit of a balance in things is good. Writing it down just makes it easier to remember. I am totally rambling here, sorry about that.

Anyway, the above was not really an example of being decisive, so I think we can conclude there is still much work to be done. So I am off out to start work on my plan…

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

A friend of mine once gave me some good advice. When feeling poorly insecure or other some such negative emotion ... ask yourself if you have friends ... and take a good look at those friends (assuming 'yes' was the answer to your asking yourself if you have friends) and then ask yourself if you like those friends. Generally, it's a good commentary on you if the people around you are cool / good / likeable people. It says something about you. It's a good thing. xxx, c

Random Reflections said...

Clarissa - thank you. I do have some very nice friends and ones who can be relied on - I think that must be a good thing. Maybe I should try and apply this principle more and more though.