Monday, April 30, 2007

Scary


I might need to grow a bigger head. Sadly this is not because anyone has been showering me with compliments or I am suddenly arrogant about my own abilities. Actually it’s because my nephew appears to have slightly stretched my glasses so they are a bit too big for my head now. I’m not really sure how he did it because they’re not the sort of glasses you can do that too – or so I thought. Maybe my head has actually shrunk. At least I only need to wear them to read, so I don’t need to worry that they will fall off when I am running for a bus. Not that I ever run for buses, if they can’t be bothered to wait for me then I merely look on with disdain. And turn up later than planned.

My sister and I took my nephew to Crystal Place on Saturday. We had a picnic that included egg mayonnaise sandwiches. Yum. I seem to think that as a very small child I went to Crystal Palace and vaguely recall the dinosaurs that are there. But they have redone it all since then (unsurprisingly, as it must be getting on for thirty years ago) and there are various dinosaurs around one of the lakes there. My nephew was not thrilled to see them and was actually really scared of them. Very cute. We then went and had a cup of tea and a bit of cake at a tea room and they had a few animals there including a couple of black pigs. My nephew was *really* scared of the pigs as well and wouldn’t go anywhere near them. Very cute again. Aww. His phrases of the weekend seemed to be “No” and “I don’t like it” which is always good… Still we had a good time despite him waking me up yesterday morning by putting a book on my bed and then hopping into bed beside me and relating “pillow” many times until I gave him one of my pillows. He likes to make himself comfortable for his early morning read.

I also realised over the weekend that I need to get my driving licence changes. I actually still have a paper licence and have never bothered to get it changed each time I moved house, as I moved house so often. I just left my parents’ address on my licence. However, my brother in law’s sister was told by the police that she might be fined a thousand pounds for not having updated her address (this would be on top of the three points and £60 fine for using her mobile whilst driving). Eek. Time to get some photos taken.

No comments: