Monday, April 16, 2007

Warm


I ended up having a very pleasant weekend, which included going out for lunch with my parents yesterday. Lunch with my parents is not always a pleasant experience but it was nice enough yesterday, despite my father being his usual slightly odd self by just throwing in totally irrelevant questions on occasion. I still wonder if he has ever learnt how conversations actually work. Anyway, it all went much better than normal so that is good and mum even gave me an Easter egg (I hadn’t seen her for a couple of week).

Last night I kept thinking how hot it was and was surprised that so late in the evening it was still so warm. It was only when I was sorting out some stuff before going to bed that I realised that actually the heating was still on full blast and that was actually the reason for feeling so warm all evening. Idiot.

So now it’s back to work again. I was so hoping that the tube strike would be on today, but sadly the unions called it off. I was hopeful of a rather late arrival at work (if I could get in at all) and then being able to leave early because it would take me so long to get home. Life can be very cruel sometimes. I shall have to go and sharpen my pencils in preparation for work instead.

I cannot imagine that most people would ever be tempted by a goat, but let this be a warning to you that you may end up with rather more than you bargained for. Just be warned.

8 comments:

The Mad Hatter said...

Yeah it was hot and still is huh? Even this morning I didnt need to put the heat on for my mrs ... shes usually chilly getting up so early, but it was lovely ... even at 5 in the morning :-)

Glad you had a nice time with your parents chick. Good or bad, their precious and can never be replaced so make he most of 'em.

And now, the goat. I could go to so many dark and horid places with this one ... having sex with a goat ... bloody hell, I've been in the sack with quite a few animals in my life but a goat ... that taking the buscuit ;-0

Kisses chick and thanks for making me smile ;-) xXx

Random Reflections said...

Hi Maddy - Hooray you're back! yes the weather has been lovely hasn't it but I hear it is due to take a down turn soon.

Thanks for showing some restraint on the goat comments! I think it is one of those things where even if you have made some questionable choices in the past at least you can take comfort that you never had to marry a goat. It's all about perspective...

Pickle said...

Hey, maybe that goat had a really shiny coat. Some people find that hard to resist, you know.

;o]

Random Reflections said...

teeny - this isn't *that* sort of blog. I knew it was a mistake using that photo. Mind you its coat does look quite shiny...

Soup said...

I love goats. They are cute.

Random Reflections said...

Hi Blue Soup - Ah yes, I had forgotten about your liking for goats. But I'm going to assume that your liking would never mean that you would need to marry one. I wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong end of the stick...

Anonymous said...

I particularly like the fact that he had to pay a dowry for the goat !

Random Reflections said...

LKSN - That goat was probably shunned by all its little goaty friends after that. Presumably the chap would probably have found it cheaper to go to a prostitute. You live and learn - and occasionally acquire a goat along the way.