Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Uplifting




I actually had a far nicer bank holiday weekend than expected. Seeing my sister, bro in law and nephew was good and yesterday I had a nice day wandering in London. I went to Hyde Park for a bit and just sat there and watched the world go by and it was a really pleasant thing to do.

On the way home I went to M&S to try and purchase a couple of ladies’ undergarments *whispers* I mean bras, but don’t want to embarrass anyone. Without meaning to sound as though I am boasting in any way, I am not lacking in this department. We’re not talking Pamela Anderson proportions here but statistically I am above average *winks*. Anyway, what with being above average, I’d have expected that the flagship store of M&S would have ample stock to supply my ample needs but in fact they basically had nothing in the right size unless it was very expensive. I believe this is what could be referred to as a let down, which is never the ideal in such circumstances. What is the world coming to – last week Tesco did not have the cakes I needed and this week M&S didn’t have bras in stock. My search for the latter will continue.

I have actually managed to make a vague bit of progress in the dating stakes – and this was achieved by totally wimping out of something that I had planned to do. Cutting a long story short I am meeting up with someone in the next couple of weeks for something that isn’t a date, but could potentially turn into one or be a stepping stone to more exciting things. So in a strange kind of way it is all potentially exciting, but being my usual reserved self I am only allowing myself to smile about it a dozen times a day.

Finally, I think you should read this article, follow the advice carefully and then invite me round to sample your culinary skills.

8 comments:

Drama Queen said...

No probs. How does Thursday night grab you?

Eddy said...

hey - good news on the dating. good luck.

het (aka quickfit) said...

Hiya, I hope everything goes well on the dating front (I think you should build up to TEN smiles a day now).... and the chillin in Hyde park what a glorious thing to do...

Its unbelievable to think that it takes a scientist to perfect the bacon buttie, when I could have told them that the roadside caravan near the Trafford Centre makes the perfect bacon buttie...could have saved them a fortune !!!

ciao4now xx

p.s I can post you a pot noodle, thats about the size of my culinary skills !!

Random Reflections said...

DQ - I've booked my Eurostar ticket, start cooking.

James - well early days yet and there's a long way to go before it might actually become dating - not least my complete lack of confidence in this area!

Het - I'll have to be careful as I wouldn't want to strain my smiling muscles.

I'll have to pay a trip to near the Trafford Centre it seems. Feel free to send the Pot Noodle, I never turn down free food. (If Pot Noodle does actually count as food!)

Pickle said...

Woot! A date! Jolly good job old chap.

Those scientists missed a vital point though - the bread should be toasted. TOASTED people!

Random Reflections said...

Teeny - Toasted?? I had not considered this option. I see I may have to make a trip to Scotland as well.

Drama Queen said...

Done. Not sure I'm worth a eurostar tick though. . .

Random Reflections said...

DQ - I thought you were paying for the ticket (and the bacon)? There had better be some brown sauce if I need to pay for my own ticket...