Saturday, August 12, 2006

Calm ahead

I was so tired last night and wanted a really nice line in, but as ever the Chinese boys woke me up really early. My landlady’s mobile also kept ringing and therefore preventing me from even vaguely dozing. The good news though is that the boys depart at 10 o’clock tomorrow morning. I am sure it will be preceded by much clattering about, talking loudly to each other, phone calls and other such noise, but hopefully after that things will return to relative calm. Then my landlady’s control freak pickiness can just be directed at me. Oh hang on a minute...

I usually switch off my mobile at night and when I switched it back on this morning there were two voicemail messages from people wanting to meet up today for a catch up. Fortunately one wants to meet up this morning and the other this afternoon, so it should be a good day of being sociable.

My estate agent phoned and I was slightly concerned with what he might want as I am not really sure what estate agents do apart from sort out how much a property sells for. As it turned out it was a useful call because apparently the vendor has come up with a way that might make extending the lease slightly cheaper, which would be good news.

Anyway time to go out for a coffee with a friend. I have warned her that it does actually cause me quite some pain to drink hot drinks because of the cut in my mouth, so I may spend the whole time grimacing and with tears coming to my eyes. I just can’t resist caffeine though, so will have to put up with the pain.

No comments: