Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Escape Routes

Back to work again after a nice day off. It didn’t go quite according to plan as my friend ended up not being free until the evening but I had a good day anyway and got various mundane things done like going to the solicitors and the supermarket. I really do know how to live...

My landlady told me she sacked her estate agent on Saturday as she decided they were useless. When she appointed them I said I didn’t think they were very good as I have had various dealings with them. Since I started to look for a place on my own they haven’t given me the details of any properties, so they are hardly proactive in their sales technique. Anyway, this meant that my peace was shattered yesterday afternoon by a new estate agent coming round and taking photos etc. My landlady’s father also came round to supervise them or some such thing as well. Anyway, two friends ended up coming over last night and just to show quite how classy I am, I went out later with one of them to the local Wimpy. I haven’t been to one of those in years, but it did the job and is obviously far more high class than a McDonalds.

On Sunday morning I got a text from a friend which said “Need to speak to you today, when are you free?” I came up with various options and we ended up meeting in the evening. I never did quite work out what she wanted but I think that she is really stressed at the moment as she has had to move home to live with her dad. He’s a nice chap but she has to account for her every movement when she goes out, and having lived away from home for many years finds that a bit much. Anyway, I said to her that if she wants to rent my spare room in a few months time then she could have that in mind as an escape route. She seemed to be much more cheerful after I suggested that. I don’t need the money to pay the mortgage but obviously any extra money would help because my mortgage will be considerably more than I pay at the moment (which is £340 per month including bills!). So it could be quite handy for both of us and it’s always nice to feel that there are options.

No comments: