Thursday, August 03, 2006

Say hello, wave goodbye

It’s not often that I remember my dreams, in fact most of the time I am not even aware of having dreamt anything at all. But the night before last I woke up and could recall my dream, in fact I guess I was still sort of dreaming when I woke up.

Anyway, I realised that I was dreaming that A and I had finally got back on to speaking terms and we got on really well and there was no tension between us and we were just able to have a laugh and enjoy being in each other’s company like we used to. The dream continued and for some reason we got separated from each other and I just couldn’t find A and so I didn’t get to say goodbye when we had spent some time together.

When I woke up I realised I could still feel that loss at not having been able to say goodbye, that we didn’t even get to give each other a hug before we went our separate ways after having spent a really good time together. It wasn’t even a ‘final goodbye’, just a goodbye after having spent some time together. I think perhaps we are doomed never to be able to say goodbye to each other, even when I am dreaming about things.

No comments: