Sunday, August 13, 2006

Woo hoo! They've gone!

They’ve gone! They’ve gone! They’ve gone! Woo hoo! The boys are on their way back to China, well the airport actually and given the current difficulties with flying out of the UK I guess they may be back later. But anyway, they’ve gone. For now.

My landlady, as if to demonstrate that without the boys to distract her, her attention will be focussed more on me, told me that someone is coming over from Germany to view the house this morning so everything has to be spotless. Fortunately, I was actually housetrained a number of years ago and if you throw me a biscuit I might even do some tricks *winks*.

I had a good day yesterday and met up with a friend in the morning for coffee and then another friend in the afternoon for a catch up. I got several phone calls from work though, mainly because my ex boss seems to have lost the ability to think for himself. I had drawn up some rotas for staff cover and he phoned and then got someone else to phone to query why there wasn’t someone more senior on the rota. If he had phoned me one more time about it, I would have had a go at him because I had done exactly what he had asked and suddenly he seemed to think that it wasn’t right and kept phoning me to query it. He really seems to have lost the plot at the moment and thinks he has said things when he hasn’t or asks you to do things and then dismisses you when you try and explain the outcome. Not impressed.

A friend gave me the first and final series of Press Gang on DVD for my birthday. I really liked that programme when it was on back in the early 1990s and I have now watched all the episodes from series 1 again. I think I want to watch them all the series in the right order though so I have ordered series 2, 3 and 4 so that I can watch those before I get to the final series. I’ll be sitting by the letter box over the next few days hoping that they turn up. Several of the characters in it have gone on to various well known series including Lee Ross who played Kenny and is now a rather nasty character in EastEnders. He used to be such a nice boy.

No comments: