Friday, August 04, 2006

No-one can serve two masters

We found out last week that the horrible woman is going to be our new head of unit. There’s going to be strange handover period so that my new head of unit starts in a couple of weeks’ time but my current head of unit doesn’t leave for another couple of months. Excellent – two control freaks in charge of us at the same time!

The other day my new head of unit came round for a chat in advance of her arrival and she seemed nice enough and asked some intelligent questions, but unfortunately I have had enough dealings with her in the past to know to be very wary of her. I can’t believe that we have managed to go from one nightmare head of unit to another.

When I heard the news I sent an e-mail to someone where I used to work to see if there might be any jobs coming up there in the next few months. I might add that this is not the place where I used to work with A. I might be a stubborn idiot at times but even I am not that much of a fool. Over the last couple of years I have actually been approached by them a couple of times to discuss the possibility of going back but it just wouldn’t work and as A would probably quit at the very sight of me, it doesn’t seem like a great idea... Anyway, I approached another place I used to work and apparently someone may be leaving in the next few months and they’ll let me know if a job comes up. It would be doing something different to what I did before and would be much more interesting, so I have that as a back up option should I start to go insane in my current job. I have a project that I need to complete and that should be done by about January and at that point I will try and move on. So it gives me the chance to see what it is like with my new head of unit and then escape if necessary.

I shall conclude on the email I sent to the woman who I really wanted to get the job when I heard she hadn’t got it.

My e-mail: There is no justice in the world



The reply: Meanwhile... over at [new head uf unit's previous employer]

2 comments:

The Gripes of Wrath said...

Ah, monkey Friday!*claps*
(Control freak managers from hell suck bigly - you have my commiserations...)

Random Reflections said...

I am pleased to see that you like the monkeys. I'll have to see what I can do about providing animal amusement at other points too.

Yes, not looking forward to the control freak manager *starts to quietly weep*

Happy Monkey Friday anyway.