Friday, August 18, 2006

The weekend is almost here

I am very glad it’s Friday. I have just got more and more tired as the week has gone on. But there will be no early night for me tonight as I am meeting up with a friend from school for a catch up, which should be good.

Earlier this week I said about writing letters and if you are desperate to write a letter and can’t think of anyone to write to, then try these people. Now, I had always thought a Dead Letter Office was the place where letters get sent to if it isn’t possible to identify someone. So if you address an envelope and all you write is “God” (I think they still might struggle to deliver it even if you added c/o heaven) or “the person with a really nice smile on the number 74 bus last Thursday” or you know just something that might make it a little difficult to deliver it to the intended recipient then they go to a Dead Letter Office. Anyway, that actually has nothing to do with *this* Dead Letter Office, which is actually somewhere that you are meant to send letters to when you are, well... dead.

As the site explains “The premise is simple: You are now dead. You just died. You don't know how it happened, you don't know what happens now. The only thing you know for certain is that your life is over.

This is your opportunity to write one letter to the world. You may say anything you want. You may use as many or as few words as necessary.

What will you say?”


You may not be surprised to learn that some of the entries are a bit morbid or depressing but I guess if you have just died then you might not be entirely happy. Some of them are funny though and you can actually choose the type of letter that you want to look at and pick one that is a bit more upbeat.

I got an e-mail to say that *one* of the Press Gang DVDs has been despatched. The only problem is that it is series three. I’ve already watched series one and want to watch the remaining series’ in the correct order, so the lack of series two is not helpful for this plan to work. So I’ll just have to see how long they take to send out that series and if it takes too long order it from somewhere else. Do you see what happens when I decide to be extravagant and buy some DVDs?

The chap I work with who was obsessed by getting a cable for a tape player, yesterday told me very excitedly that there were a lot of uneaten sandwiches outside where I work and trying to encourage people to go and eat them. So these were sandwiches from an unidentified source that had been left uneaten by other people and were left out for the cleaners to collect. Yum, appealing. Even with my usual willingness to eat free food, I couldn’t quite bring myself to rush out there and eat them. He, however, had no such qualms and ate his way through a number of the sandwiches and drank the warm orange juice. We’ll see if he turns up to work today or if we might need that power cable to bring him back to life.

No comments: