Thursday, August 24, 2006

Feeling a moment

I think I may be winning in the battle of wills with my landlady. Victory is not yet mine but give me time. She seems to have given up trying to tidy my room when I leave in the morning, although she does still seem to feel the need to move my bin. But each night I return it to its rightful place. I now have to defeat her in tidying the bathroom as well. She hides my hair brush every morning and has now started swapping the cup my toothbrush is in with another one. I’m sure those things are really going to tip the balance when people are trying to decide whether to buy the house because a hair brush in the bathroom is just going to horrify people. I shall defeat her. I shall!

Anyway, perhaps more concerningly is her new seeming obsession with my underwear. Fortunately not while I am actually in it, although I might start to lock my bedroom door just in case. Anyway, her latest thing seems to be rifling through my underwear when it is on the clothes dryer. The other day there were various items of clothing on it and she removed my knickers and bras from the clothes dryer and left all the rest of it on there. I assume she was taking things off there that were dry, but basically that means she felt my underwear. Is that just me or is that slightly freaky? My landlady going through my underwear…

Although I appear to be winning in the bedroom tidying battle, the new one of feeling my underwear maybe is not the turn of events I was hoping for. One possible solution is for me to stop wearing underwear, but I think that might be a bit extreme. But I will find a way to defeat her. A few months ago who would have thought one of my biggest problems would be keeping my landlady out of my underwear? *shakes head in despair*

No comments: