Friday, August 11, 2006

Pain and tiredness

I bit the inside of my mouth a week ago and it’s still really painful. I keep accidentally re-opening the cut and am having trouble getting it to heal. I’ve tried Bonjela to ease the pain but that only briefly makes it less painful.

I think it hasn’t helped that I am really tired. I haven’t been going to bed early enough and am still getting woken up by the Chinese being noisy. Or maybe it is the nightmare’s from the 18 year old having dinner the other night in his underpants. Still, I guess I should be grateful he was at least wearing something.

It also doesn’t help getting woken up in the middle of the night by someone from work phoning me. Fortunately it was someone I am friendly with and she was really apologetic – but she then asked if I would go into work for 7am. My heart sank but I agreed and then reset my alarm. Then someone paged me and it wasn’t even something that I needed to be contacted about. They then sent me an e-mail the next day to say that they had been testing the pager system – at 1am!!! I don’t think your body heals very well when you feel really run down. Hopefully I can sleep in at the weekend.

Anyway, I got home last night and there was a letter saying that my mortgage offer had been agreed. So I was really pleased about that and things seem to be progressing. I still have no idea when I might be able to move but hopefully it won’t be all that long now and then I can look forward to a quiet night’s sleep. Oh happy days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he sees you as a Mrs Robinson like figure.....
Salt water works wonders for a sore mouth.

Random Reflections said...

Hmm, hadn't thought of that. He must have led a sheltered life if that's what he thinks!

Does salt water help for a cut or is it just things like ulcers? Mind you I am getting a bit desperate to get rid of the pain.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, it worked wonders on my tom cat (not that I'm comparing you to the cat, I hasten to add) He got himself into a bit of bother with the other Tom on the block early one Sunday morning, cut his paw badly gave it a good soaking with salt water and just like magic cut disappeared! Live dangerously give it a go, if you get really desperate you can always try it with a slurp of tequila

Random Reflections said...

Well whenever I eat marmite it makes the cut really painful, but I guess the salt would be diluted in some water which might not be quite so bad.

If I'm feeling brave I'll give it a go. If your cat recommends it then how can it possibly go wrong...