Sunday, August 06, 2006

Early starts

Hmm what to report today? My nephew is still in one piece – but my sister and bro in law haven’t gone away yet. I did get disturbed by my nephew at about 8 this morning and you can’t just ignore a small child, something I will be very much aware of as today goes on, so had to go from a state of unconsciousness to absolutely fascinated by everything my nephew did in a matter of moments. I don't think he understands the concept of sleeping in on a Sunday morning. But I still got more sleep and it was a more pleasant awakening than being woken up by the loud Chinese boys at home. My landlady has been asked if she will have two German girls to stay when the boys go, but she has decided not to, as she has found it rather wearing having the boys staying, as they are quite hard work and get up about 6am, which means that she has to be out of bed by that time so they can use her bathroom.

Anyway, I’ve been shown where my nephew’s nursery is and am on my sister’s car insurance so I can drive him there tomorrow morning. I’ve gone through when he should be fed and when he should sleep. I know how to change his nappy. I know which end to put the food in. What could possibly go wrong? Oh and he was sitting on my lap a few minutes ago without a nappy on and I now have a faint whiff of poo and nappy cream emanating from my night attire. Lovely...

In other news, I caught up on a bit of blog reading this morning and see that Whinging It has come to an end, which is a shame as that that was a really good blog. I guess all good things must come to an end, which is probably why I will end up blogging into eternity.

Right time to go and find out what my nephew is up to and I hope when my sister and bro in law are away that I don’t break him...

No comments: