Thursday, December 14, 2006

Atmosphere

It’s been an interesting couple of days. Tuesday I went out for lunch with people from my new team and that went well and I had a really nice time. We all had such a laugh and it didn’t matter at all that I didn’t know most of them, we all just enjoyed ourselves.

Yesterday generally went fine, except that just before my current team were due to go out for a meal in the evening, I had a meeting with my boss and it would be fair to say that we had a decided difference of opinion. While we were speaking you could have cut the atmosphere between us with a knife and the whole thing rather threw me. I felt so despondent when I went out for the meal. My boss and I ended up sitting next to each other, which I was actually quite pleased about because it gave us the chance to have a totally normal conversation and leave our earlier disagreement back at the office. I feel quite concerned by some of the things he said and need to do some stuff today to deal with that (not as in take out a grievance or anything! Much more mundane than that).

The meal last night was very nice, but in terms of the overall atmosphere, there was no real spark. Although people did seem to enjoy themselves, there was just something missing from the whole thing.

I spoke to my solicitor yesterday and everything should be put in place today so that I can complete my flat purchase tomorrow. Having said that, I have not packed one thing as yet to move house, so it may take me a while to finally have moved everything. Sometimes I think I can be a bit too laid back about things...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new team seem like a great bunch, with a sense of humour... the job move will be good for you
...
talking of moving, IT IS NOW TIME for you to get your butt into gear and start packing (eat that last
Easter egg it will give you the necessary energy!)
...
hope the purchase goes through smoothly tomorrow for you.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the flat purchase! Hope everything works out for tomorrow.. Sounds like your new team are a good bunch.. Yay to christmas getting to know you parties!

Random Reflections said...

Yep my new team seem really nice and I'm looking forward to working them - and escaping my current work situation.

TF- *laughs* I think you may subliminally be trying to prompt me to action...

LP - Thanks, I'm hoping that tomorrow night I'll have the keys to my new home in my hand.