Friday, December 08, 2006

Scared

I was feeling somewhat pleased with myself that while I was on holiday I managed to get a Secret Santa present for someone at work. “Sorted” I thought. But now I’m also going out for lunch with the people who are in the team that I will be moving to in January and it seems they are also doing Secret Santa. The person I have to buy for I have never even met, so it’s going to be a challenge. I am never very inspired when it comes to buying presents so if I haven’t even got a clue what the person looks like, let alone what they might like as a gift, it is my idea of torture trying to come up with something. I have until Tuesday so had better get thinking...

I sent a text to a friend last night to ask what she wanted for Christmas and she replied and gave me her husband’s phone number said I should ask him as he would know what had been suggested to other people already. Later I went to text him and looked at the number she had sent me and texted her back and said “Er... isn’t that your mobile number?” It isn’t entirely beyond me to have sent him a slightly “inappropriate” text – after all I was actually the stand in if my friend had failed to turn up for their wedding, so it’s a good job I noticed.

Yesterday at work we were talking about the chap N who we work with. Someone said to me “the thing that bothers me about him the most is that he is just the sort of person who would come into work one day and kill us all. So I’m always really nice to him in the hope that I won’t be one of the people he slaughters”. I’d never really thought about that before but someone else said that he thought exactly the same thing and is really wary of aggravating this chap too much in case he seeks revenge! Scarily, I can actually see what they mean. I can just imagine that as the police took him away he’d be telling them how unfair it was that he’d been deprived of one final sandwich or asking to take a plate of biscuits with him because it would be a shame to let them go to waste. I’m just hoping that he hasn’t got access to weapons so I’d better make sure he doesn’t find the axe I have stashed away in case I need to use it on my landlady.

No comments: