Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Firsts

This year seems to have been one of all sorts of firsts. First home, first trip to Africa and so on. Last night was another ‘first’, which given I am 31 years old is probably a bit odd never to have done before but anyway… last night I went to my first popular music concert. I went to see Snow Patrol at Wembley Arena and I thought they were fantastic!

I did, technically, go on my own, but met up with a friend from school and her sister, who were also going to it, beforehand for a chat and to find out the “rules” of concert going, so I didn’t do anything too embarrassing.

The support act were The Guillemot and I thought they were quite good. I’m not sure if either band will appreciate the comparison, but I thought they sounded like a more modern version of The Waterboys (but with more loud guitars).

Anyway, Snow Patrol came on and they played all of their well known songs, including Chasing Cars, which is probably my favourite song this year, and a couple from their early days and some of them are also part of a group called ‘The Reindeer Section’ so they played one of their songs too. All really impressive and they put on a great show. I know Snow Patrol are one of those bands people like to knock, but last night’s performance was really good and if you vaguely like their songs I reckon most people would have been impressed by them (not that I have any other concerts to compare them too). I *may* even have sung along and done a bit of clapping and so on. Brilliant evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done no longer a virgin.... You can't beat live music, good for the old soul makes youn glad t be
alive
....
Back in the mist of time I worked in a concert venue, got to see a variety of live entertainment all for free ! Happy days.....
....
Random, I'm impressed that you have heard of The Waterboys.... TF

Random Reflections said...

Thank you for sharing in the moment. My soul does indeed feel invigorated and revived.

Yep, like The Waterboys a lot. I did have their CD but it was nicked. I must replace it.