Sunday, December 24, 2006

'Twas the night before Christmas

The decorating has commenced and whilst I have done a lot, there is still a long way to go. It took about six hours to repaint the wardrobes (they were also pink but are now white) and I have started on the walls and will hopefully have those finished by the end of today. I slept in the living room last night and the whole place looks a complete mess as I have had to move all my clothes etc, but it will be worth it. Right??

Anyway, it’s Christmas Eve and that means you need to put your stocking up tonight, put out a glass of sherry and a mince pie for Santa and a carrot for Rudolph. To get you into the Christmas Spirit, here are some places that might help you:

First of al, you should perhaps check if you have been naughty or nice and you’ve just got time to send that last minute letter to Santa.

If you want to find out what happens around the world at Christmas then this is the place to look. I am slightly sceptical about the content, partly because it separates out England from Great Britain and also because under England it says:

One England's [sic] customs is mummering. In the Middle Ages, people called mummers put on masks and acted out Christmas plays. These plays are still performed in towns and villages.

The English gift giver is called Father Christmas. He wears a long red or green robe, and leaves presents in stockings on Christmas Eve. However, the gifts are not usually opened until the following afternoon.


Er... yes, I am taking part in the Christmas play later and will be make sure that I am fast asleep early so that the environmentally friendly, green Santa can leave me lots of presents.

I'm not sure I'll be blogging over the next day or so. So I hope you have a good Christmas and Santa brings you lots of nice things *thinks* because that’s what Christmas is all about... and that wherever you are over Christmas - have a peaceful time. Happy Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy holidays to you too. getting settled is half the fun. i hope you have a good holiday time, take care of you! all the best for 2007, poet

Random Reflections said...

Happy Christmas to you both - I hope you have a really great day.