Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas Cheer

I finally started to move some of stuff yesterday, but only what was at my parents’, I still haven’t packed anything where I live at the moment. I have, however, bought a fridge-freezer and cooker and they are being delivered on Monday afternoon. It’s a good job I have endless amounts of money and haven’t just taken on a mortgage.

Anyway, I went to see Dirty Dancing yesterday afternoon. It was very good and was almost identical to the film. I think they could have done with a slightly bigger stage but beyond that it was well done. I think the thing that I found myself slightly at odds with though was that because it was so like the film, the actors were therefore basically having to be Patrick Swayze etc rather than making the characters their own. But I think any die-hard fan would have been horrified if they had strayed from the film. There was much cheering and applause when the line “nobody puts Baby in the corner” was uttered and the audience seemed to get into the spirit of it.

Tonight I am going to a carol service and apparently the church has been made to look like Narnia and you even walk in through fur coats (hopefully not real fur). It should be good, so I am looking forward to that. It is yet another excuse not to be totally focussed on moving house as well.

My landlady is currently wandering about in her nightclothes cleaning everything and chucking things away, mind you this is better than when I was at my parents' yesterday and my dad kept wandering about with no clothes on. His excuse of "I've just got out of the shower" when he'd done that half an hour ago was wearing a bit thin. I did point out to mum that he only needed one hand to cover himself up and she agreed that was true.

Two asides:

George Clooney seems to be everywhere at the moment. He’s on the news talking about Darfur, but also appears in adverts for something to do with coffee and also for Martini. Has he fallen on hard times?

Damian Rice’s latest album is called ‘9’ given that his last album was called ‘O’, do you think he might be trying to get people to call a premium rate number that will be revealed a bit more with each album that comes out?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

been lurking and reading, just not commenting much. i hope that things get settled down for you in time for the holidays.

Random Reflections said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. Feel free to lurk, but it's always good to hear from you.

I'm hoping by the end of the week things will feel rather more sorted, but lots to do before then.

I hope things are ok with you, it all sounds rather stressful, so I hope that you have a bit of time to just 'be' over Christmas.

Take care.

Lectrice said...

Re: Rice .... lol.

Random Reflections said...

Thanks. I will keep an eye out for his future albums with great interest...

Have a good Christmas.