Thursday, December 21, 2006

Exciting Times

Last night I finally stayed at the new place. This meant having to put up some curtains, a task which seemed to take up pretty much the entire evening, but at least it meant that I was able to get changed without giving the neighbours a show.

My week seems to have continued with people not turning up. My fridge-freezer and cooker finally arrived on Tuesday afternoon and the gas fitter was meant to install the cooker yesterday, but he phoned to say he couldn’t make it, so he is now meant to be doing it this afternoon instead.

I discovered what a lax friend I have been to one of school friends. I got a Christmas card from her yesterday and discovered that she has not one child, but in fact two. It seems that this child is five months old as well, so I really have been poor about being in touch. I sent her a text expressing my surprise and she was just very amused by this. I did feel a bit bad though as it seems this child has got a heart defect and has had to be in and out of hospital. We were going to meet up in the New Year anyway and so I’d better make sure that happens so we can have a proper catch up.

Anyway, I need to go back to the old place today and finish moving out, there’s hardly anything left there though now and then I should finally be moved in. I have, however, continued to discover more things that seem to have been chucked out by my parents, which is surprising as they don’t normally throw anything out and there house is filled with things from many decades. However, when I went to open a tin of soup yesterday, I discovered that the flaw in this plan was that I had no tin opener. I also have no frying pan or washing up bowl or kitchen bin or sharp knives. My mum’s shopping list is getting longer by the day.

Next task, to find out why the heat in the radiators is uneven. I’ve bled them and it makes no difference. I really know how to make the most of time off work…

No comments: