Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Say Anything



Christmas Day went fairly well. I went to my parents’ house for the first time in years. My sister, bro in law, nephew, plus my oldest friend, her dad and brother were also there and we all had a pleasant time and the turkey was delicious. I would always feel cheated if I didn’t get to have turkey on Christmas Day.

I got some nice presents - a few books, the latest Killers CD and some DVDs. It was one of the DVDs that I was most excited about. My sister gave me three DVDs including the first series of Grey’s Anatomy and… *looks all excited* Say Anything. I have to admit to being someone who really likes US teen movies. Not the American Pie type ones particularly, but the Brat Pack ones like Pretty in Pink, Catholic Boys (ignore the different title, it was called Catholic Boys in the UK), St Elmo’s Fire and more modern ones like 10 Things I Hate About You and so on. It’s one of my guilty pleasures in life. Anyway, Say Anything is a film that has one of those really iconic moments in it when the character played by John Cusack stands there holding up his boom box which is playing Peter Gabriel’s “In Your Eyes”. An absolute classic film moment. I can’t wait to watch it again…

I shall leave you with a trailer for it. I can’t actually watch it all properly at the moment because I am running on a really slow internet connection, but hopefully it will give you a taster. *wanders off to my happy place*

<

No comments: