Saturday, December 09, 2006

Success

My landlady arrived back for the weekend last night, so I had to turn the heating back down – and let me tell you it is now officially *freezing* where I live. I was *so* cold in bed last night. I shall have to think of some way to rectify that...

I had a fairly productive evening yesterday, as I decided to go and do some Christmas shopping on the way home from work. I went to Piccadilly Circus and then Oxford Street, which were both very busy but I decided they would be even more busy today so I bit the bullet and went shopping. I got a few presents, including one for the Secret Santa person that I don’t know - which is some handcrafted fish shaped chocolates. That’s exactly what you were going to suggest isn’t it! They were strangely mesmerising (the alternative was some chocolate mice but then I would have come in under budget). Anyway, John Lewis is the place to go if I have now inspired you.

I had a browse for some other bits and then decided that I would buy them on the internet so when I got home I ordered various Christmas presents and have pretty much finished my shopping now. Although there are a couple more things still to buy. I also realised that my mobile phone was due for an upgrade, but I didn’t like any of the phones that were on offer and so did the same as last year and instead opted to reduce the cost of my contract, so that’s a saving of £10 a month.

I have now written a total of 11 Christmas cards which means there is still a long way to go, so I aim to try and get the remainder written by the end of the weekend (this may be somewhat wishful thinking). I have a few bits to do today which will hopefully involve meeting up with a friend (who is the one who has nowhere to live at the moment). She sent me a text earlier in the week and said she wanted to talk to me about something but that she isn’t sure if she feels up to seeing anyone. So we’ll see if that happens or not.

Oh and my landlady said to me last night that she has told her dad he can come and stay with me on Thursday night. Most kind. (Please note, this is in no way connected to the first paragraph *shudder*).

No comments: