Monday, December 04, 2006

Naughty or Nice

I saw Santa yesterday! It involved a very long queue but we eventually got to see him, although I think my nephew wasn’t entirely impressed by the whole experience. It involved going on a train to get to Santa’s grotto but that then meant that we were pretty cold by the time we got to actually see him. I’ll leave you to work out for yourself whether I was being naughty or nice while I was sitting on Santa’s knee.

I spoke to the estate agent on Saturday to find out what the latest on buying my flat is. It seems I still haven’t exchanged but hopefully will do in the next few days. I need to phone my solicitor today to find out what he thinks because the estate agent isn’t always the most reliable source of information. Anyway, we may be looking at a completion date of somewhere around 14 December, which would be quite good as I am on leave the following week until the New Year (assuming something I need to do at work is done in time).

I’m a bit confused about what is happening with the sale of the place I am currently living in. My landlady has sent me a couple of texts that suggest she has accepted an offer, including one that said the purchaser was coming to have another look at the place last Friday. But then she sent me another text to say that some people were coming for a viewing on Saturday and today – and the house is still definitely on the market. So, that all seems a bit odd. However, apparently my landlady’s solicitor is meant to be writing to me to ask me to state that I will move out of the property prior to completion. I really have no idea what the point of that is given that I will be gone very soon, but I suppose it is just another example of her being very ‘efficient’. *Tries to focus mind on being nice about my landlady so I get lots of presents from Santa*

No comments: